Wearing bold prints and patterns is not always as easy as we think, and mixing prints can be even riskier. Yet prints and patterns can bring some fun and style to your everyday outfit by giving you a large variety of interesting combinations. Here are some easy rules to follow when wearing prints:
- Start by finding the statement printed piece you want to wear.
- If you feel shy about the trend, use a neutral/solid color in your outfit to break up the pattern effect. Pair a printed top with jeans or use partially printed pants such as this Cynthia Vincent’s sequin tuxedo stripe pants.
- You can also play with pattern accessories by adding a colorful printed scarf or bag to your neutral outfit. This is a subtle way to add some fun to your look.
- When mixing patterns, be sure to use colors from the same family to keep harmony in your look.
- Look for patterns that complement each other and do not go too matchy-macthy.
- Scale is key, combine patterns of different sizes.
- Try to limit your mixing to two patterns, you don’t want to overwhelm your outfit.
- And finally don’t be afraid to experiment with cool patterns and prints for a trendy look!
Now that you are master the art of wearing and mixing prints, check out Cynthia Vincent’s great selection of apparel now available on VP today!